Given the amount of time that employees spend at their computer or workstation means it is vital that Rapid Office stay up to date with the latest requirements regarding office furniture and the office environment. Ergonomics within the working environment have become essential to not only keep employees healthy but also productive.
Because of this, Rapid Office offer personalised on-site one-to-one workstation ergonomic assessments, trial chair services and ergonomic accessories.
The benefits of you choosing Rapid Office Systmems regarding ergonomic assessments are; compliance with health and safety regulations, improving productivity and maximizing your profits, improving the health and wellbeing of staff, reducing absences caused by back problems and RSI, improving staff motivation and retention and finally, creating a great workplace and helping you stay ahead of your competition.
The whole field of health and safety at work is complex and, in some cases, confusing but below we have tried to provide you with an overview of the general principles to which we work and provide some insight into the legal responsibilities of the employer.
Once we receive a referral requesting an ergonomic assessment on an employee's office furniture, inlcuding office seating and desks, we will:
• Raise a client file for that employee.
• Make an initial contact with the employee and his/her line manager where applicable.
• Explain the reason for our involvement and outline the format and timing of the ergonomic assessments.
• Send a 'Pre-Assessment Questionnaire' to the client requesting them to self-assess their workstation and/or work environment using our form and to give this to the assessor at the time of the appointment.
Upon arrival at the employee’s working environment they will:
• Identify themselves and provide ID.
• Explain the format of the assessment and reporting.
• Reassure the client concerning our confidentiality and disclosure policies.
• Talk through the 'Pre-Assessment Questionnaire' and deal with any queries arising from that form.
• Carry out the workplace assessment and take any photographs necessary to support our recommendations.
• Discuss, confidentially, the nature of any relevant medical problems that the employee may have and any effect these may have on the employee’s ability to do their job in comfort.
• Answer any questions or queries that the employee may have.
• Provide immediate advice and training where appropriate and make any minor adjustments to equipment positioning which would have immediate benefit.
• Should the employer require it, provide and install minor items of equipment to provide immediate benefit. Such items may include wrist rests, footstools, copyholders etc.
• Explain what happens after the ergonomic assessments and giving an indication of the possible timescale.
• Thank the client for their time and input.
If you think that we would be a great fit for your company or if you have any questions about office furniture, then why not use the contact form below and get in touch.